Here are the best courses and resources for learning Solidity (Ethereum dApps)
Solidity learning resources are not that well-known. Here’s a useful list for learning solidity and Ethereum development.
First of all — what is solidity?
Secondly — what is Ethereum?
In a nutshell, Ethereum is a blockchain-based distributed ledger which keeps track of all the states/transactions. A single entity (computer) is called a node. All nodes combined creates the Ethereum network. Think of Ethereum as this “super-computer” and solidity a way to give instructions to the “super-computer”.
But why is this even a thing?
Now, that’s an excellent question. Ethereum is an interesting concept. Why?
Ethereum allows us to build decentralized apps (dApps). Here are a couple dApp use cases top of my head:
- No one has the right to censor you nor delete your comments on the free web. Freedom of speech. It’s especially important for modern media platforms. (Transparency)
- Cryptocurrencies/tokens. You have the full rights to your assets and no one has the privilege of freezing your accounts. Transferring cryptocurrencies only requires the raw computing power to compute the transaction.
Check out this introduction if you need more info.
So how do you get started building Dapps? Great question. I gathered a list to help you kickstart developing dApps with Solidity and Ethereum.
You will learn the following:
- How to design, test, and deploy secure Smart Contracts.
- Why engineers would want to create an app with Ethereum.
- How to use the latest version of Ethereum development tools (Web3 v1.0)
Ethereum Smart Contracts
The following things you will learn from this course are:
- State, Functions, Modifiers and Events
- Payable functions
- Contract To Contract Communication
Smart Contracts and Decentralized Apps 101
This course grants eye-opening experience in the following fields:
- Solidity and Ethereum basics (101).
- Interact with smart contracts from a UI. (Thanks to web3.js)
“CryptoZombies is an interactive code school that teaches you to write smart contracts in Solidity through building your own crypto-collectables game.”
From the maker of the course:
Many people are excited about the promises of Ethereum and are itching to create a new generation of decentralized applications for the web.
However, navigating the Ethereum landscape as a developer can be very confusing, since writing apps for the blockchain requires grasping many new concepts. On top of that, most tutorials are out-of-date or use deprecated tools in a rapidly changing ecosystem, making it hard to even know where to start.
That’s why I’ve created this course, where beginners can create a complete DApp from start to finish, using common best practices from the Ethereum ecosystem.
By the end of the tutorial, you will have all the skills required to design your own smart contracts in Solidity, hooking them up to a modern web interface, and create your very own token sale to help you successfully kickstart future blockchain projects.
What you will learn:
- From basics to state modifiers.
- Auditing your code and finding security flaws.
- Truffle, Testrpc, ERC20 tokens.
Capture the Ether — (game)
Awesome Solidity — (Github repository)
One of my favorite curated lists consisting of solidity stuff.
Do you know any excellent high-quality solidity courses? Post them below and I’ll make sure to add them here!
The secret to being a top developer is building things! Here’s a list of fun apps to build!
You can only become a great developer by putting the effort in. Imagine for a moment — You can’t become fit physically…
How to set-up a powerful API with Nodejs, GraphQL, MongoDB, Hapi, and Swagger
Separating your frontend and backend has many advantages: